Many of our neighbors expressed concern regarding the height of the proposed project as well as its proximity to certain homes in Brightwater. In an attempt to listen to the concerns of our neighbors the developer has significantly redesigned the project. The proposed height of the Senior Living Community is similar or slightly less than the height of the existing Southminster Presbyterian Church building and the Brightwater Clubhouse building. Both of these buildings have been part of the visual character of the Brightwater community for over 20 years, without objection from local residents. Specific changes incorporated include:
- All buildings have been moved away from the homes of Brightwater residents.
- The Independent Living building will have fewer units; and is set to be three levels with a max. height of 45 feet. (51 Independent Living Units.)
- The Assisted Living building will remain the same with three levels and a 45’ max. height. (24 Memory Care units, 95 Assisted Living units).
- The main entrance will remain off Cartwright.
- The property’s landscape, parking and buildings are designed to meet Missouri City’s requirements.