Children's Church: Elementary (Bridge/Kinder-5th)
Children's Church is a worship service in our fellowship hall that happens during the middle section of our main worship service. At Southminster we value having our children in worship, but we also value them learning in an environment in way that captures their attention and imagination. This service is structured similarly to our main service in the sanctuary, but it is also structured to engage children in ways that are appropriate for their age. Children are always accompanied by a team of adults and youth who lead them each Sunday. They leave the main worship service after the first hymn, and then return after around the doxology. Children are always back with the main worship service during baptisms and communion.
Current Series: Board Games
Idea: Just like there are rules for playing each of these games, God has given us specific rules for how we are to live. These 12 weeks are divided into 6-week sets of "Games You Should Play" and "Games You Shouldn't Play."
Memory Verse for Games You Should Play: "The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining even brighter till the full light of day." - Proverbs 4:8 NIV
Memory Verse for Games You Shouldn't Play: "Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers." - Proverbs 4:14 NIV
- 9/9 - Chess - Everyone has a role to play in the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- 9/16 - Chutes & Ladders - Ups and downs, the story of Joseph. Genesis 37:17b-35
- 9/23 - Connect Four - Connect yourself and others to Jesus. John 1:43-51
- 9/30 - Life - Solomon made wise choices. 1 Kings 3:4-15
- 10/7 - Sorry - Jesus teaches what it means to really apologize. Matthew 5:23-24
- 10/14 - Trouble - The story of Moses. Exodus 2:11-15, 3:1-10
- 10/21 - Battleship - Stop destroying others through gossip. James 3:3-10
- 10/28 - Candy Land - Solomon teaches against pursuing fun & pleasure all the time. Proverbs
- 11/4 - Checkers - David wasn’t willing to “jump” to get ahead. 1 Samuel 24:1-7
- 11/11 - Hungry Hippos - Jesus warns us about being greedy. Luke 12:13-21
- 11/18 - Jenga - Don’t carry your burdens alone. Exodus 18:13-24
- 11/25 - Operation - Jesus teaches us to remove the plank from our own eye first.
Children's Church Team Leaders: Lisa Landry, Doris Funderburk, Susan Evans, Billy & Carla Lynch